MySpace Layouts

I Write Sins, Not Tragedies

« Home | A Trip Around Perak 2 » | A Trip Around Perak 1 » | Thanks... » | Photo Blog » | Monumental Stupidity » | Im Insomniac » | Happy Merdeka? Yea, right!!! » | Should I? » | 2 Weeks Ago » | 140806 »

Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Tribute To Granny

Granny passed away at the age of 68 due to bone cancer. It's hard but I've to admit that I'm not THAT close to this granny of mine. But we definitely have few moments together.

Mum once told me that I was born with my head tilted to the left side of my body; congenital torticollis. According to doctor, this is usually due to an unusual positioning of the baby (me) within the mum's uterus. Mum couldn't accept the fact that I wasn't perfect. Thanks to granny, she suggested to consult a physician therapist where stretching therapy (turning and bending my head) was conducted for 56 days, 6 times per day. I was only 1 week old then... *Thanks granny*

During my UPSR examination, she motivated me by saying," RM50 for one "A"". WOW!!! *Thanks granny*

I wanna thank her for stopping me from seeing this guy. I admit, I hated her like anything but now I realised that whatever she did, was for me. I didn't see it this way then.
*Thanks granny and I'm really sorry*

*I'm sorry. I wasn't around on your 68th birthday.*

Granny was the every reason for family gathering. We have 20+ of us, celebrating Mother's Day together every year, mainly because of her. Else, there won't be big family gathering. Second day of Chinese New Year gonna be really different.

Granny is not around anymore. Gonna miss her loads.



*Granny and us on her 67th birthday*


*The big family...*


*Us with Granny during our annual trip 2004*


*Mother's Day 2005*


*Another shot on Mother's Day 2005*

Thank you for making everything possible... Thank you and I can't thank you enough....

2 Comments:

  • At 2:35 AM, Blogger annulla said…

    In most families, I think, there is usually one woman who is the "center." She is the one who remembers the traditions, who teaches the old ways, who brings the whole family together, who everyone respects.

    In your family, your granny was that woman. And you are right, when that person is gone, the whole family is never the same.

    I'm sorry for the loss of your granny. She sounds like she was a great lady.

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey pooiting, i'm so sorry to hear the bad news about the loss of your granny. my deepest condolence to you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

MySpace Layouts